Cases and Results
- $3.1 million settlement for a young boy and his family for failure to properly treat an eye condition, retinopathy of prematurity or ROP, resulting in permanent blindness
- $2.5 million verdict, $2.5 million prejudgment interest award for failure to timely diagnose and treat vascular injury resulting in below-the-knee amputation in a 27-year-old man
- $1.5 million verdict for failure to timely diagnose postoperative anemia, resulting in the death of a 67-year-old man
- Confidential settlement. Wrongful death of a patient who was discharged from emergency room with complaints of chest pain.
- Confidential settlement. Wrongful death of a newborn for failure to properly detect misplacement of endotracheal tube.
- Confidential settlement. Wrongful death for failure to timely diagnose ischemic bowel.
- $750,000 verdict against Geico Insurance Company when its insured failed to obey a traffic signal, thereby colliding with our client. Both cars were totaled. Our client suffered severe physical injuries requiring months of medical care and rehabilitation
- $350,000 verdict for failure to properly warn about the dangers of the drug Accutane resulting in injuries to client’s hip and shoulder joints
- $200,000 verdict for failure to use ordinary care resulting in homeowner shooting young man on his property
- Confidential settlement. Failure to use ordinary care when backing up a semi-tractor trailer, which resulted in severe physical injuries and brain damage to a young child.
Nursing Home Negligence
- Confidential settlement. Negligent supervision of nursing home resident who had a history of wandering. Resident left the building and drowned in a pond on the premises.
- Confidential settlement. Wrongful death of nursing home resident who was diagnosed with dementia and died of dehydration and malnutrition.
- Confidential settlement. Negligent supervision of nursing home resident who had a history of falls. The resident fell, suffered a hip fracture, and died weeks later.
- Confidential settlement. Nursing home failed to adequately asses the risk factors for the development of pressure ulcers and the resident developed several on her coccyx or tailbone, which became infected and contributed to her death.
- Confidential settlement. The nursing home failed to properly assess and screen its residents for aggressive and violent behavior. As a result, our client was assaulted by another resident who had a history of aggressive nature.
- Confidential settlement. When a nursing home failed to recognize and advise a resident’s physician of the signs and symptoms of a dangerous intestinal infection, our client died of a treatable infection.
Disclaimer: Each case is different. These results do not guarantee a specific outcome.
I retained Nancy Iler to represent me in a wrongful death suit. I highly recommend her as a competent, knowledgeable attorney who worked diligently with me to resolve my case.
Her experience as a registered nurse as well as being an attorney gives Nancy a definitive advantage in medical-based cases. She was effective, thorough and professional in her investigation and handling of my case. Organized and efficient, Nancy was fully prepared at each stage of the legal process. In addition to her professional skills, I found Nancy to be caring and truthful, making sensible recommendations and managing expectations. With Nancy and her staff I felt I was part of an interactive team and she sought my input and consensus each step of the way.
Nancy explained the proceedings, filings, and paperwork in layman’s terms, making sure I had thorough understanding and was in agreement with what was going on. Tenacious and confident, she outlined a strategy then executed it. I am grateful to have worked with her and am extremely pleased with the representation Nancy Iler provided me.
The experience I had with Nancy Iler as my attorney was nothing but reassurance that I was in capable hands. She is an excellent attorney and displayed total honesty and integrity while working for my best interest. She and her professional, caring staff never treated me with anything less than respect, and went out of their way to accommodate my needs. I would not hesitate to recommend Nancy and her firm to anyone.”